Opinel No. 8 Carbon Steel :
- Opinel’s No8 Pocket Knife is the most sold and versatile size in the ever growing line of Opinel Folding Knives.
- The Opinel No.8 Carbon Knife comes with an 8.5 cm Blade manufactured from X90 Carbon Steel Blade and carries Opinel’s crowned hand hallmark Etching.
- Opinel knives "Carbon" Blade Series are made using X90 Carbon Steels with a high carbon content, which is what makes it possible to achieve the excellent hardness after heat treatment, guaranteeing the good strength of the cutting edge, resistance to wear and easy sharpening.
- Carbon has a low resistance to corrosion caused by moisture, which means that certain precautionary measures are necessary when using and storing the knives: we recommend that you avoid damp environments and that you dry and grease the blade after use.
- The hardness obtained after heat treatment are theoretically slightly greater in steels that do not contain chrome. The cutting strength is therefore better with a “Carbon” Steel and sharpening of carbon steel blades is much easier than sharpening of Stainless Steel Blades.
- The knife features a natural Beech Wood Handle and a Safety Ring for locking the Blade. The double Virobloc Safety Ring was created by Marcel Opinel in 1955 and locks the Blade either in open or closed position.
- Blade Materia l: European X90 Carbon Steel
- Blade Length : 85 mm.
- Length Closed : 109 mm.
- Length Open : 190 mm.
- Blade Finish : Satin Finish
- Locking System : Virobloc Safety Ring
- Handle : Beech Wood, Natural
- Weight : 42.7 g.
- Origin : France