Opinel No. 10 Carbon Steel :
- The Opinel No10 is a big Folding Knife that should not be considered a "Pocket" Knife. Many people have found that its size makes it a perfect every day Steak Knife that can be folded and stored in the kitchen drawer. Of course this knife has many other uses but please consider its size if you are in the market for a "Pocket" Knife.
- The Opinel No. 10 Carbon Knife comes with an 10 cm Blade manufactured from European X90 Carbon Steel and carries Opinel’s crowned hand hallmark Etching.
- Opinel knives "Carbon" Blade Series are made using X90 Carbon Steels with a high carbon content, which is what makes it possible to achieve the excellent hardness after heat treatment, guaranteeing the good strength of the cutting edge, resistance to wear and easy sharpening.
- Carbon has a low resistance to corrosion caused by moisture, which means that certain precautionary measures are necessary when using and storing the knives: we recommend that you avoid damp environments and that you dry and grease the blade after use.
- The hardness obtained after heat treatment are theoretically slightly greater in steels that do not contain chrome. The cutting strength is therefore better with a “Carbon” Steel and sharpening of carbon steel blades is much easier than sharpening of Stainless Steel Blades.
- The knife features a natural Beech Wood Handle and a Safety Ring for locking the Blade. The double Virobloc Safety Ring was created by Marcel Opinel in 1955 and locks the Blade either in open or closed position.
- Blade Material : European X90 Carbon Steel
- Blade Length : 100 mm.
- Length Closed : 130 mm.
- Length Open : 230 mm.
- Blade Finish : Satin Finish
- Locking System : Virobloc Safety Ring
- Handle : Beech Wood, Natural
- Weight : 71.3 g.
- Origin France